Resident and Family Survey Results
There are many different ways we can measure our quality of care, but one of the most meaningful ways for us to understand this, is from the voice of our residents and families. This past summer we surveyed our residents and family members in order to better understand your experience with Northwood, and to identify areas where we can improve. We heard from 220 residents and 186 family members. Below are some highlights from the survey:
What residents told us
- Our overall quality of care has improved since 2014 and we are now above the Canadian Long Term Care average!
- 88.2% of residents rated our quality of care as Good or Excellent compared to 83.7% nationally
- We perform best on questions related to Dignity and Autonomy. This includes things like, having enough privacy, being treated how you want to be treated, choosing what you do each day, and being involved in care planning.
- We most need to work on having enough variety and choice in Food and Activities
What families told us
- Overall perceived quality has remained high and in line with the Canadian Long-term Care average
- 93.5% of family members rated quality of care as Very Good or Excellent, compared to 91.1% nationally.
- We perform best on Global Quality and Communication. This includes things like providing tender, loving care, staff keeping you informed and being responsive to your requests.
- Our worst performing dimensions are Assistance with Eating and Activities
We will be working over the coming months to improve on the identified areas and look forward to sharing our progress with you!
For full results, please visit resident-and-family-survey-results-2016-for-website If you have any questions about the survey contact Kathryn Graves, Quality Specialist at email@example.com