Dementia Day Program
For dependent adults over the age of 50 who have a diagnosis of Alzheimer Disease, dementia, stroke, Parkinson’s Disease or who may be physically frail.
Our dementia day program provides:
- A personal care program designed to help build on and maintain current life skills.
- Social opportunities within a supportive environment.
- Activities may include: armchair exercises, baking program, arts and crafts, music, gardening and games.
- We are proud to have on staff Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses and Continuing Care Assistants experienced in caring for dependent adults.
- Helps maintain current level of functioning.
- Provides opportunities for socialization in a safe and secure environment.
- Promotes physical and mental health.
- Provides support and respite for families and caregivers.
- Prevents or delays admission to a long term care facility.
Options and fees:
Full day program (8:30 am to 3:00 pm)
- Includes both a mid-morning snack and a full noon meal
- Cost is $26.00/day
Morning program (8:30 – 11:30 am)
- Includes a mid-morning snack
- Cost is $12.00/day
Afternoon program (12:00 noon to 3:00 pm)
- Includes a hearty lunch
- Cost is $18.00/day
How do I access the program?
- Dementia Day Program is offered at Northwood Manor (Halifax), Northwood Corporate Office ( 130 Eileen Stubbs Ave. Suite 6, Dartmouth) and Ivany Place (Bedford) Monday to Friday.
- Referrals can be made by phone at (902) 454-9706
- We also accept referrals from community agencies, Community Services, physicians and family members.
- We’ll ask you to complete an information package prior to enrollment.
- The participant must meet our admission criteria.