Pauline Potter Fitness Centre
According to recent studies, physical activity slows down the deterioration process associated with dementia. Now, members of the Northwood Community who are living with dementia have a safe place they can go to exercise and stay healthy.
Elements that make a space dementia friendly include:
- Staff who are trained and certified in dementia care courses and dementia-friendly fitness classes.
- Contrasting colours that make it easier to distinguish elements of a room.
- Natural and artificial lighting and easy navigation.
- Open concept layout that allows members to easily go from one machine to the next.
Pictures and descriptions of how to use each piece of equipment. full-service gym with certified staff, and a variety of equipment and services available to the community, both inside and outside of Northwood.
- Open to residents, clients, staff, volunteers and members from the community
- Can be purchased for $20.00 + tax per month
Contact us for more information or to schedule a personal training session: