Helping people remain independant in their homes.
Northwood provides home support services through Nova Scotia’s publicly funded Home Care program. We provide these services in the Halifax Regional Municipality, in West Hants, Hantsport and in Windsor.
How do I access the Program?
Homecare is available to all Nova Scotians. To access the program, call Continuing Care at 1-800-225-7225. They’ll arrange a time to meet with you and complete an assessment of your needs to determine what care services you require, in addition to the help you currently receive from family. This may include nursing care, home support, or a combination of both.
The cost of Homecare is based on your income and the type of service you require. Your costs will be explained at the time of the assessment.
Once approved, Northwood may be assigned to provide you with the home support portion of your service.
Home Support Services include:
- Help with bathing
- Help with dressing
- Personal hygiene
- Oral care
In home Services
- Light housekeeping
- Meal preparation (heat and serve)
- Respite provides a short-term break for the family/friend caregiver.
Northwood: A name you can trust.
- Northwood is accredited through Accreditation Canada and has been awarded: Accredition with Commendation.
- All staff have received industry approved education, either a Home Support Certificate or Continuing Care Assistant certificate. Northwood also provides on-going “in house” education covering mental health, dementia, exercise and oral health training.
- All home support staff are connected through a blackberry to a trained supervisor, ensuring both your safety and that of our staff. We also review a safety home checklist with each new client to help identify issues within your home that affect your safety, as well as our staffs.
- Northwood offers flexible hours according to your needs.